Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 6 - Low angle



This one hanging right above my table, a Canadian calendar (gift from deeps aunt), you may see ‘St. Baptiste day, flag day on 14th and summer solstice and stuff.
 
And I googled to see what happened on this day in history, few caught my attention.
Here are they…
 
1889 - Start of Sherlock Holmes adventure "Man with the Twisted Lip"
Really!.. Oh man! I just remember those days, how I use to enjoy watching these kinds of serials on DD (Doordarshan) in 80s. and Karamchand, The Old Fox…
 
1910 – The first Father's Day is celebrated in Spokane, Washington.
Big Deal!
 
1944 - 300 Japanese aircrafts shot down.
This must be real big news on that day. Read if you like to know bit more ..
 
1966 – Shiv Sena a political party in India is founded in Mumbai.
Who care…
 
1992 - Evander Holyfield beats Larry Holmes in 12 full rounds for heavyweight boxing title
I think I watched this fight live in TV.
 
File shot: Low angle
 
Drizzling while I was taking this picture, you can see the dark clouds behind, This Temple is somewhere in Thrunelveli Dst. (Tamil Nadu).

No comments:

Post a Comment